Wednesday, April 8, 2009

what's in a name anyway?

After reading the first section of "Power" I was really interested in the significance of Omishto's name. Just as in Lucy, the name shows a form of identity. After some research, I learned my name means "crown." Does your name mean anything? How do you feel about your name? I have a good friend who is greek, her name was Victoria and she recently changed it to her greek name which is Vassi. She always felt she identified more with her greek name, and does not regret her decision in changing it whatsoever. Her parents stood behind her decision 100%. Would you change your name if you could? If so, what would you change it to...

1 comment:

  1. I was also interested in Omishto's name. I thought her name suited her perfectly. I just searched my name and it is the feminine version of Andrew. I knew I had a greek name but I that it was funny that my name means manly and brave I never considered myself manly but I guess there is a first time for everything. I am all for people changing their name back into their original form. I think names give people the first impression and it is important to have a name that you can identify with. I would not change my name if I could because it's the name my parents gave me and even though the meaning is a little off I still feel like it fits me.

    ReplyDelete