Wednesday, April 22, 2009

..creative writing??

I decided to write my creative writing paper on Interpreter of Maladies. My twist to the story was brought about by adding in another character to the story. The new character is their unborn child.  I thought this would be a good addition because the baby has the potential to bring Sanjeev and Twinkle together, while also having the ability to pull them apart.  I decided this idea would be interesting because of the apparent tension between Sanjeev and Twinkle regarding their identities as Indians as well as Americans.  Sanjeev is obviously going to wish to raise their child in the traditional Indian way he was raised, starting off with a traditional Indian name for their child.  This power-struggle over the name is the main conflict in my story. 

Since i am a business major i haven't had a lot of experience with creative writing, so when i first heard about this assignment i felt a little weary.. Although, once i got started it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be.  Did you experience this as well? 

1 comment:

  1. i definitely felt the same way. I was nervous at first that I would not be able to think of enough to say to cover three pages but I ended up writing more than four pages. It came much easier than I expected!

    ReplyDelete